This year Chesterfield’s Chatsworth Road Festival has been shortened to four days to provide a tighter focus and a more concentrated period of activity. However fewer days has actually meant MORE events with over 120 varied activities, promotions and competitions scheduled.
The Festival aims to provide something for all tastes and ages and full details will be listed in the free guide available at the beginning of September, in the Festival edition of S40 and on the Festival website. Updates and late registrations will also be featured via Facebook and twitter.
Here’s just a small insight into what you can look forward to…
- The Mayor will officially open the Festival at ‘both ends’ of Chatsworth Road on Thursday 1st October. At 9.30am he will mark the opening by putting up bunting at St Thomas Church before moving on to the Carers Centre on West Bars for the start of their “Best Breakfast” event at 10.00.
- Derbyshire’s Poet Laureate, Helen Mort, pops in early evening on Friday to the Real Ale Corner to share her verse. Helen’s Poetry Promenade last year was well received and we’re sure that this petite venue will be packed out
- The Brampton Food Market 10.00 on Saturday 3rd celebrates its 4th birthday, and hosts various “pop-up” Festival stalls from apple pressing to seed swapping.
- Geocaching has become hugely popular – watch out for details of the festival’s own fun version; don’t get trampled in the rush !
- The Festival “Char Challenge” will see local tea rooms vie for the title as a mystery shopper gives their preference.
- Sunday Sounds will add some volume as nine venues offer live music on the 4th October from lunch to late.
- Children and animals are well catered for – with ‘Frozen’ parties, cupcake making, crafts, competitions and even a Dog Show.
Get ready to join us for food and fun, searching for clues and things to peruse, music and more, activities for all at the Chatsworth Road Festival 2015.